Monte do Almo is an intimate homestay in Alentejo, where the hosts, Diana and Igor, live. It’s a compassionate space – exclusively vegan – and pet friendly.
We are in Santo Estêvão, in a rural parish 10 km from Estremoz, in the deep Alentejo.
With this project, we want to promote contemplative practices, the study of Buddhist tradition, natural health, Macrobiotics and a more compassionate and natural lifestyle, in contact with the rhythms of nature.
We welcome people interested in experiencing the Alentejo in a simpler, compassionate, contemplative and sustainable way, in an intimate and familiar environment.
We are committed to more sustainable tourism practices, we are a compassionate accommodation (100% vegetarian), inspired by Buddha Dharma and the principles of Macrobiotics.
At Monte do Almo, all the conditions are met so that those who stay with us can:
• Spend a few days in a quiet, simple and familiar environment;
• Go to bed early and get up early, according to the rhythms of nature;
• Cultivate gratitude, compassion and mindfulness;
• Learn to make a more conscious, healthy and comprehensive diet;
• Create intimacy with the land and experience the cycles of nature;
• Establishing proximity to local culture and traditions;
• Continue or initiate meditation practice in the Buddhist tradition.
Terms & Rules
Use the code “2withtheplanet” during your booking process to get 3% discount! Insert the code on the Notes or “Have a Coupon Code?” field that will appear before the payment page.